Helping Angels

My life has always been filled with joys but somehow I sometimes find it difficult settling down and getting rid of the boredom. It is six months since I got married, being a housewife, taking care of my husband, managing our finance, managing the house, running some errands, and for entertaining myself I downloaded many movies including a very long episode of Desperate Housewives
just can't stop watchin it! 
In last few weeks, I have felt my life was a bit rough. I just could not stand listening to his whining about how hard it was to go through the monetary crisis that happens to us lately. It seems that I am a burden. I am desperate literally. I keep asking myself the following questions, would it be better if I go back to my home country and let him face the predicament all by himself? I have been listening to his story in coping with the tough time in lab, in lectures, in writing a paper. Can I just walk away and pretend that I do not take his venting into consideration? Will I do that even he himself asks me to do so? Will I be strong to be apart from him? 
In a blizzard of confusion deciding what to choose, staying or leaving, I happened to chat with my lil siter. It was yesterday when I finally told her all my feelings and thoughts about being lonely all day long so that I wish to call it a day and go home for a little while. On the other hand, I can't help thinking what I would do if I am away from him while no one is taking care of him; making his fave meals or snacks, rubbing his back while feeling pain, serving a hot cup of tea while having a flatulence and many of others.
This deep yet humble discussion made me realize that she would support whatever my decision would be; going home with all consequences or hanging on my recent circumstance with all its conqesuences also. Then we came to a final conclusion that it would be way too complicated if I were away from him, since he is now my home whereas as Sponge Bob said there is no place like home.
What a such relieving result that finally came up to my mind. And it always Alloh sends me a helping angel; this time transformed as my sister.
The following night, while waiting for him to come home, it occured to me that I had a quite long conversation with a college buddy whom I actually had never talked to then but considering about some assignment we had had that time. She initiated the talk asking about the job I had before getting married. Afterwards, we exchanged information about it. Until I happened to compliment her achievement of graduating from Master Degree. Unexpectedly, she did not take it as a compliment but rather she started to sound envious about me and those who had a working experience compared to her unexperience in working at any institutions nor companies. 
Immediately, she talked about her anxiety (read Galauness) about it and her strong feeling about marriage. She wished that she would find a job and a man to marry too in no time. She said she always had feeling of restlessness thinking about her problems. I tried to comfort her by saying that everyone and  I had the exact experience facing the crisis time. I then shared the way I overcome it by having a distracted activities such as doing hobbies; knitting, movie watching, excercising, taking care a pet and so on. Until one day when I was contented doing those activities, Alloh decided that it was the time for me to move on to the next level in my life, which is a marriage. 
In a few seconds later, I was fully aware that my recent anxiety about staying or going back to my home country, or about the financial crisis, or my regret of having not taken a Master Degree, is not worth whining at all. I now realize that there are many of my friends are not yet married, nor worked, nor even had a chance to go abroad accompanying a spouse. Once again, Alloh has always sent me a helping angel; now is transformed as an old friend.
So, no matter how hard this life you face, remember that a helping angel sent to you anywhere, what you have to do is take a close and good look in order to find your helping angel.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment